Gray Dawes has provided our client, an international marine vessel operator, with their full scope of travel services for over 6 years. The client has grown significantly in recent years, but they were conducting their business travel and expense management in the manner of a much smaller company:
- Expenses submitted manually on a spreadsheet.
- Each expense (over 500 per month) checked by a member of the Accounts Payable Team – taking 1 day per month of their time.
- Each expense is manually input into ERP System.
- HR would manually cross check and approve each expense (from £2 for a coffee to £700 for van hire) taking 2 days per month of their time.
- Invoices and receipts were posted / emailed to Accounts Payable
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION PROJECT
Gray Dawes reviewed the clients current process and worked in partnership with them to determine where they wanted to see significant improvements. Due to the cumbersome nature of their process we could see obvious areas for success would be significant process efficiencies and cost savings from the implementation of a consolidated expenses system.
- Reducing the time spent on booking travel, claiming expenses, approving expenses and the time travellers are waiting to receive the funds back into their bank.
- Integrating an online booking tool which ‘speaks’ to the expense management tool for a seamless, consolidated approach.
- Enable complete automation between travel & expenses and their travel policy
- Freeing up 36 FTE days (per annum) currently being taken up processing expenses
- Mandating of travel policy to control, monitor and report upon costs
- Eradicating duplicate claims (breakfast when already included in hotel cost, wifi, subsistence, parking etc).
Through human error, multiple claims had been processed twice.
Since the implementation of our online booking tool and Certify Expense Management, we have seen significant improvements across the clients account:
- Achieved 70% online adoption for travel bookings. We rolled out a communications plan to deliver onsite & WebEx training, share ‘How To’ booking guides and videos and provide 24/7 assistance via the booking team.
- We built a low touch approval process for all in policy expenses resulting in a 90% reduction in time spent processing approvals, freeing up their internal resources (Accounts Payable and HR)
- Reduced their costs from £45 per expense claim down to £5.60 per claim
- 99% policy compliance by blocking any travel expenses made outside of Gray Dawes unless it was exceptional circumstances / unavoidable.
- A reduction in duplicate claims; providing a cost benefit to the client
- Complete process efficiency through YourTrip and Certify integration.
Bookings seamlessly flow through to the traveller and their expense platform. They are now able to process their expenses on the move with less impact on their day-to-day job and ultimately get their out of pocket expenses returned to them asap. Other benefits include:
- A much shorter lead time on expenses being processed, meaning the traveller is getting the funds back into their account faster.
- Total trip cost visibility in an easy to report solution giving the client a clearer view of their budgeting requirements
- Fully auditable
- 45 reports to understand expense spend
- HMRC mileage rates
- VAT easily accounted for on all expenses
MORE CASE STUDIES
EIC CLIMATE – KIC
EIC Climate – Kic are a recent example of a global client requiring total consolidating via the Atriis platform. They have 15 global locations and require billing … Learn More
Our bespoke hotel booking systems and negotiated rate programme offer significant savings over well known, online and offline competitors. Explore these savings here … Learn More
JDX Consulting had no documented policy or defined process when it came to business travel. Find out how their decision to work with us ensured a seamless move to better travel … Learn More
Our task was to move the management of travel to a centrally managed process through while effectively managing costs, supplying a robust and comprehensive round the clock service … Learn More
ONLINE COST SAVINGS
Maximising travel savings through increasing online adoption. Gray Dawes identified opportunities for GAB Robins to make considerable savings by booking more online … Learn More
Red Bee Media wanted to consolidate their travel spend through a single travel management in order to maintain control and gain complete visibility of their travel spend … Learn More
On 22nd May 2017 Manchester became the subject of a co-ordinated terrorist attack which targeted a concert at Manchester Arena. Explore our processes which keep you safe … Learn More
Part of our Account Management service is to provide strategic ways in which cost savings can be identified and acted upon. We reviewed LEVC (manufacturers of the black cabs) spend … Learn More
Partnered with Gray Dawes Consulting to identify realistic improvements across entire programme and achieve adoption through impactful change management initiatives and reporting… Learn More
Our client has a diverse travel profile including overseas client visits, internal UK office travel as well as attending meetings and conferences. We maximised travel while maintaining spend … Learn More
Recently a travel booker of one of our clients encountered numerous challenges with their current supplier when trying to arrange travel for a student. Learn how we acted quickly … Learn More
START YOUR NEW
JOURNEY NOW …
WE ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE
Monday to Friday, 24 hours a day!
Colchester, CO1 1RA