We recently caught up with our friends at Avis to learn all about QuickPass, their new completely contactless car rental experience.
Born from a mission to provide a fast, safe and service-driven rental car experience to the business travel market, QuickPass is a seamless digital check-in service, which speeds up vehicle collection and return – all while bypassing lengthy counter queues. It makes perfect sense. The last thing anyone wants after a long flight is an extended wait in line. Avis QuickPass promises its users that it will get them out on the road faster than ever before. We wanted to find out more.
What is Avis QuickPass?
Avis QuickPass is a virtually touchless service car rental collection service that promises to get you out of the airport and onto the road as speedily as possible. Currently available at more than 40 major airports, QuickPass allows Avis Preferred Members to skip the counter and head straight to their car. Simply scan the QR code at the Express Exit gate and go!
How Does it Work?
- Customers simply complete all the paperwork and submit customised requests in advance, enabling them to start their journey as quickly as possible.
- Customers can register for QuickPass the moment the car is booked by providing driving licence and payment card details. Whilst registering customers can also tailor the rental with any extras required, such as additional driver.
- At the vehicle collection location customers follow the dedicated QuickPass signs and after just a licence and ID check they’re ready to go.
- To avoid delay, UK driving licence holders should always remember to obtain a DVLA licence code, which they’ll need to enable car collection.
Seamless Integration with the Avis App
- Changes or upgrades can be made at the very last minute, even on the approach to the hire location! Extras can be added – perhaps add a second driver, or secure extra equipment.
- The exact make and model of car can be chosen (subject to availability) And if plans are altered, the rental can be extended at the press of a button.
- Avis Preferred members with the Avis App can bypass the queue and be on their way faster with Avis QuickPass!
Earn Loyalty Points
Using Avis QuickPass can also earn you loyalty points. As well as its own free loyalty scheme, Avis Preferred, which provides numerous benefits including priority service, money-off vouchers, free weekend rentals and more, Avis has strong travel industry loyalty points partnerships, including with 61 airlines, and 9 hotel groups.
Customers can earn exclusive rewards and discounts with their chosen loyalty scheme when renting with Avis. For example, customers can choose to credit their British Airways’ Avios accounts when using the Avis car rental service.
Caring for the Environment
The impact transport has on the environment is always at the front of our minds, and Avis is working tirelessly to ensure it operates in a responsible and sustainable way. Avis is committed to offering the greenest, smartest, and safest fleet in the industry and its 2030 target is to reduce emissions by 30% while growing the business. The Avis hybrid fleet is already one of the largest in our industry with 21,000+ hybrid vehicles globally.
Avis QuickPass is a seamless digital check-in service, which speeds up vehicle collection and return, bypassing the counter queues. By using the Avis App and QuickPass, you can start your journey quicker than ever before – all with a completely contactless process. Plus, with the Avis Preferred loyalty scheme, you can get your hands on numerous benefits including priority service, money-off vouchers, free weekend rentals and more,
In this episode of Travel talks, you hear directly from our own Chief Technology Officer, Sophie Taylor, as she takes us through her predictions for how technology will shape corporate travel management in the future.
We sat down with Account Manager, Dan Fido, to learn more about the role of account management within Gray Dawes Travel. From problem solving to value finding, there’s so much more to client liaison than monthly meetings and doughnuts.
Nestled in the beating heart of southwest Germany, Frankfurt is renowned for being the nation’s financial epicentre. In this guide, we take a deeper look into the city as a business travel destination with tips to getting there and around, plus our top picks for things to see or do.