Gray Dawes Group is a highly successful, leading UK Travel Management Company. We are a family owned business that is driven by passion, integrity and principles and our people are the foundations of what our reputation has been built upon. With continued growth, we are now looking for an IT Support Manager to join our team.
The Head of IT Operations will be responsible for providing group-wide exceptional IT support, across four offices and 200 staff. As well as being able to demonstrate a proven track record you will be a hands-on IT guru who thrives on delivering results, who doesn’t settle for second-best and is passionate about providing best-in-class support in a fast-paced and growing business.
You will be the main point of escalation for all IT support issues across the group and as such will need the following experience and skills to be successful in the role…
Responsible to: Chief Technology Officer
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong technical experience: 5+ years as a Senior IT Support Administrator or IT Manager.
- Strong people manager: experience of leading & performance managing a small team.
- Skillset split: we expect the successful candidate to be technical hands-on plus the management of people and projects.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written: ability to communicate and build relationships with users at all levels across the company.
- Experience supplier management, including building and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads: excellent planning and prioritisation skills.
- Managing a budget/cost centre.
- Ability to withstand pressure.
- Analytical and Methodical.
- Being a team player and having a keen eye for detail is a must!
- Experience of working within a regulated IT environment, including both UK and EU rules, as well as ISO27001.
Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft Azure implementation, monitoring, and maintenance
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure solutions, including running major services related to storage, network, and security.
Strong knowledge of the Microsoft technology stack (O365, Active Directory, DNS, Windows Servers and OS’s, Remote Desktop Services).
Experience of softphones/VoIP.
Experience of Network Management and configuration.
Azure, AWS, MSSQL, LAMP stack, Antivirus.
Knowledge and experience with support best practices ITIL.
Experience of supporting multiple office and home locations.
Experience of providing 100% remote IT services on a globally.
Experience supporting Dynamics and/or other CRM’s and key business systems.
Knowledge of travel industry systems, specifically GDSs and back-office systems (i.e. Travcom) is highly advantageous.
Ownership of the full IT estate ensuring it is fit for purpose, aligned with the company objectives and operational.
Ownership of all IT Support queries, escalation processes and ensuring SLA’s are kept to.
Day-to-day management of IT Support staff including developing and managing the support team out-of-hours rota.
Ownership of various key business processes, policies and procedures, ensuring they are monitored and adhered to (examples including PCI Compliance and GDPR requirements).
Creation and execution of the IT Infrastructure Strategy.
Adopt a proactive approach to communicating ticket issues to users.
Analyse trends and suggest improvements to areas of concern.
Communicate and collaborate with all relative parts to improve the overall performance of IT and the service desk.
Provision of appropriate resources for company projects.
Co-ordination with internal teams and third parties.
Undertake IT Support lead activities in business projects.
Assist with designing and owning a suitable DR plan.
Help with office moves/expansions.
Planning future improvements.
Managing and oversee IT suppliers and service providers.
DOES THE ABOVE ROLE EXCITE YOU AND WANT TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR CAREER?
We thought so, send us your CV and cover now and we will be in touch whether you are successful or not …
START YOUR NEW
JOURNEY NOW …
WE ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE
24 hours a day, 7 Days a week!
Colchester, CO1 1TG