We recently caught up with our friends at the Lufthansa Group to learn all about the exciting new developments they have planned for business travellers. From new routes and new cabins to even more digital services, we take a quick look at what’s about to take off.
The Lufthansa Group is a global aviation group with a total of more than 530 subsidiaries and equity investments. The Lufthansa Group is composed of the segments Network Airlines, Eurowings and Aviation Services.
New Lufthansa Route: Liverpool – Frankfurt
Liverpool will soon enjoy easy global reach: starting 4th May 2022 Lufthansa will offer four weekly nonstop flights for the first time from Liverpool John Lennon Airport to its main hub in Frankfurt. Transferring passengers from Liverpool can soon easily connect through Frankfurt to over 150 destinations in Europe, Asia, Middle East, Africa and the Americas. Liverpool will be Lufthansa Group’s 11th destination in Great Britain. This summer, Europe’s leading airline Group is planning up to more than 700 weekly connections to Great Britain as one of its top European markets for its leisure and business travellers.
The new connection at a glance, starting 04 May 2022 (all times are local)
Every Wednesday (Airbus A320) and Sunday (Bombardier CRJ900):
- LH968 Frankfurt 07:25 Liverpool 08:05
- LH969 Liverpool 08:50 Frankfurt 11:30
Every Monday and Friday (Airbus A320):
- LH968 Frankfurt 16:05 Liverpool 16:45
- LH969 Liverpool 17:30 Frankfurt 19:10
SWISS to introduce Premium Economy Cabin
The Airline of Switzerland sets new standards on long-haul flights by introducing SWISS Premium Economy on intercontinental flights. The new travel class is initially being introduced gradually from April 2022, and then rolled out to all Boeing 777-300ER aircraft by summer 2022.
Key features of the new Premium Economy Class:
- The backrest of the innovative hardshell seat can be reclined without disturbing fellow passengers located in the row immediately behind;
- The seat offers lots of legroom (39 inch / 99cm);
- Each seat is equipped with a 15.6-inch large touchscreen and noise-cancelling headphones;
- Guests can check in two pieces of baggage of 23 kg each;
- Travellers benefit from reduced access fees to the SWISS Business Lounges in Zurich and Geneva;
- A refreshing welcome drink made with elderberries ensures a perfect start to any trip;
- An amenity kit from sustainable materials contains everything needed for an enjoyable stay on board;
- A choice of three hot entrées, served on fine china, plus alcoholic beverages, including wine and beer, are available free of charge.
More Digital Services
- Lounge access for Economy Class passengers
Economy Class passengers who want to relax or work in peace before departure can now enjoy the amenities of a Lufthansa lounge. Lounge access can be booked online prior departure, starting from £30. Currently, this offer is available for Lufthansa lounges in Germany, the UK and the USA only.
Please note: The product range in the lounges is currently adapted to the current restrictions. Food and beverage services are only available on a very limited basis.
- Digital Document Check
To keep the time at the airport as short as possible, passengers flying on with Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS can upload their corona-related documents such as Covid-19 test results, proof of vaccination, or entry form online before departure*. The Health Entry Support Center will check whether everything is complete and inform the passengers whether their travel documents are valid for entry or whether action is required. If the check is successful, the digital boarding pass will be issued as usual at check-in. Documents can be uploaded at the earliest 72 hours and at the latest 12 hours before departure of the scheduled flight.
* Using the digital check for entry documents in accordance with the relevant Covid regulations of your country of travel is voluntary. Passengers can also continue to have them checked manually at the airport. However, please note that this may result in longer waiting times. Please also note that some countries require a manual check of the travel documents. In these cases, a boarding pass is only issued at the check-in desk after the documents have been checked manually.
To help you navigate the changes of business travel, we’ve created the brand-new Traveller Toolkit. This invaluable online resource is packed full of easy-to-use guides and checklists for every stage of every journey. We detail exactly what you need to know and do before, during and after your trip in a post-pandemic, post Brexit world.
You can even check the travel restrictions and health status of your destination with our comprehensive COVID-19 Country Tracker, updated five times daily to ensure you have the very latest information to help keep you and your travellers safe.
Travel is changing. With common sense and a good TMC behind you, travellers can have the confidence to once again take to the skies. It’ll soon be back business as (un)usual.