This is a varied and hands-on role. The Marketing Assistant must be equally adept at generating original marketing ideas and fulfilling strategic projects as well as creating tactical assets and managing content development.
Working closely with the Group Marketing Director, as an integral part of Gray Dawes Group’s Marketing Team, the overall remit of the Marketing Assistant is to help market the various business units of the Gray Dawes Group.
The primary role is to provide a fully rounded marketing support service to internal stakeholders. This encompasses all Gray Dawes Group brands in order to increase awareness of our various service offerings, gain market share and help develop revenues through new and existing business streams.
The role will also help the Marketing Team support external client commissions via our Square1 brand.
The type of projects undertaken by the team include marketing strategy and planning, asset creation (corporate identity assets, websites, presentations, promotional collateral), brand development and creative communications.
As part of a small marketing team, flexibility is crucial. It’s vital that the role is versatile and supports other members of the Marketing Team.
Responsible to: Group Marketing Director
To support marketing projects (both internal and external), clearly and convincingly presenting to prospects and clients alike the creative value that we bring to their business in tactical, monetary, service and performance terms.
Strategical and tactical project development and implementation, across all company brands, including:
- Helping to create marketing campaigns and tactically implement them.
- Creative development of materials, collateral and assets, working with the Team on campaign design and application.
- Preparation of presentation material – PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, proposal document formatting.
- Updating Gray Dawes Group websites and creating new campaign landing pages.
- Development of communication assets, including newsletter articles, staff communications and client projects.
- Support content creation and development, such as blogs, thought leadership and whitepaper articles.
- Manage social media accounts by posting and responding to engagements in line with our strategy.
- Work closely with the rest of the Marketing Team to produce communication assets in various formats, including print, digital, video, social and presentations.
- Creating and managing communication campaigns, both internally and externally.
- Work closely with all departments to identify communication opportunities.
- Identify, prioritise and quickly solve complex challenges.
- Collaborate with the teams to ensure timely and accurate communications across departments and offices, located across the country.
- Deliver proactive and reactive social media engagement.
- Seek out relevant editorial opportunities within trade press as well as panel and speaking opportunities for key staff.
- Help maintain a content calendar to map out all key content pieces through the year to support the Gray Dawes Group brand and reputation.
- Build strong relationships with all key internal stake holders.
Conduct research and analysis of competitor marketing activity.
Help produce reports for campaign effectiveness, data segmentation and recommendations.
Promote and extol the Gray Dawes Group brand values in all communications.
Champion the brand, marketing and campaign strategies, bringing the Gray Dawes Group brand to life through compelling narrative and content for multiple audiences.
Maintain brand guardianship of Gray Dawes Group assets and templates.
Handle project briefs and communicate between the (internal) ‘client’ and the Marketing Team.
Nurture strong relationships with all clients, developing new and repeat business and identifying revenue building opportunities.
Support and facilitate development and implementation of individual marketing plans and projects.
Help support the sales strategy for the business units, based on knowledge of Gray Dawes Group policy, nature of market, copyright and royalty requirements, and cost and mark-up factors.
Coordinate activities with third party suppliers and agencies.
Good educational record (ideally to degree level).
Minimum 2 years career experience in a similar role or apprenticeship.
Excellent understanding of the principles of marketing.
Practical experience with web and digital marketing.
Social media proficient across multiple platforms.
Good level of computer literacy (PC and Mac an advantage).
Proficient in office software: particularly Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud software, particularly Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
Apple Mac OS proficiency is an advantage, including Keynote.
Familiar with CMS software, in particular WordPress.
Understanding of HTML, particularly in connection with email marketing, is an advantage, as is use of Mailchimp.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (including copywritng and proof reading) skills.
Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups, managers, clients, trade bodies.
Accuracy and attention to detail.
Good project management skills.
Ability to work self-motivated and as part of a team and alone.
A hunger to learn and the ability to flourish in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
Ability to multi-task
Remain calm under pressure
SALARY & BENEFITS
We can offer a competitive salary, based on your experience. The benefits package includes up to 25 days holiday (dependent on seniority) plus bank holidays, interest free season ticket loan, contributory pension scheme, life insurance, great working environment, company conference and company social activities.
Ideally, you will be based in the SouthEast. However, as we have offices in London, Manchester, Colchester, Leeds, Edinburgh and Leamington Spa, this role may be based at any of these locations, as well as the opportunity for a hybrid part office / part home working arrangement.
DOES THE ABOVE ROLE EXCITE YOU?
WANT TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR CAREER?
We thought so, send us your CV and cover now and we will be in touch whether you are successful or not …