Gray Dawes Group is a highly successful, leading UK Travel Management Company. We are a family owned business that is driven by passion, integrity and principles and our people are the foundations of what our reputation has been built upon.
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for providing group-wide exceptional IT infrastructure support, across four offices and 190 staff. As well as being able to demonstrate a proven track record you will be a hands-on IT expert who thrives on delivering results, who doesn’t settle for second-best and is passionate about providing best-in-class solutions in a fast-paced and growing business.
You will be responsible for assisting with the maintenance on all IT infrastructure across the group and as such will need the following experience and skills to be successful in the role…
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Strong technical experience: 3-5 years minimum as an IT technician or Network engineer
- Skillset split: we expect the successful candidate to be technical hands-on plus some project management
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written; ability to communicate and build relationships with users at all levels across the company.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads: excellent planning and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to withstand pressure and manage multiple simultaneously running projects.
- Analytical and methodical.
- Being a team player and having a keen eye for detail is a must!
TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent experience of network and server management (Windows and Linux, both physical and Azure based), configuration and operation.
- Excellent experience of configuration and maintaining firewalls, wireless access points, switches and other IT network peripherals.
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of Microsoft Azure based services including ADFS, Virtualisation, VPN’s, Firewalls, SaaS and PaaS.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft technology stack (O365, Active Directory, DNS, Windows Servers and OS’s, Remote Desktop Services).
- Good working knowledge of Scripting and PowerShell.
- Must be very confident with all aspects of AD and Group Policy with excellent working knowledge of network user profiles.
- Excellent experience and knowledge with server and networking hardware along with the maintenance and diagnostics skills to support them.
- Extensive experience with cloud-based softphones and the configuration and maintenance of them.
- Software experience including MSSQL, LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, Nginx, PhP), Antivirus.
- Knowledge and experience with security best practises (e.g., PCI Compliance and ISO27001)
- Working Experience of WSUS config and deployment.
- Good working knowledge of network backups.
- Knowledge of travel industry systems, specifically GDSs and back-office systems is highly advantageous.
- DevOps experience.
- Experience in Domain migration would be preferable.
- Experience in OS Image creation and deployment.
- Driving license not essential but would be preferable.
- Design and deliver continued infrastructure migration from on-premise to hybrid / cloud solutions.
- You will need to keep up to date with the latest in cloud based and communications technology and work with the team to ensure a process of continual improvement.
- Maintenance of all the group’s application infrastructure.
- Ensure all Infrastructure related support queries are processed.
- Analyse trends and suggest improvements to areas of concern.
- Communicate and collaborate with other parts of the technology team (IT Support and engineering) to improve the performance of the group’s infrastructure and technology stacks.
- Co-ordination with internal teams and third parties.
- Assist with the ongoing effort to acquire new systems that will greatly help ongoing and upcoming projects.
- Assist with office moves/expansions as well as system migrations where necessary.
- Ensure IT infrastructure is standardized across the board including newly acquired businesses so that all infrastructure is adapted to meet the standard.
- Assist with the planning of future improvements for the infrastructure across the group.
- Ensure system and infrastructure documentation is recorded and kept up to date.
- IP, DNS, DHCP management and implementation when required.
- Colchester based with travel to our other offices as required (London, Leamington Spa and Manchester).
Send us your CV along with a covering letter and we’ll be in touch…