It is becoming more apparent that more and more organisations fail to have a stable travel policy in place, especially those that spend hundreds of thousands on staff travel every year.
With continued growing numbers in the UK, travel is the second-biggest expense, behind wages and salary.
An up-to-date and strategically implemented travel policy can therefore reign in some of this travel expenditure and benefit both in terms of cost and also operationally.
Travel policies are all well and good, however they only work if they are kept on a tight leash.
A healthy travel policy should:
- Be composed specifically with your organisation and requirements in mind
- Fulfil the needs of travellers whilst maximising cost reductions and savings
- Enforce a company control, with a strong focus on compliance and account consolidation
- Be consistent across the business
- Undergo regular reviews against benchmarks
- Provide a clear and concise analysis of reported travel spend
Gray Dawes Group are always on hand to help you achieve realistic travel cost savings. Having helped some of our existing client base save up to 28% of their travel costs, compared to those companies that do not have such a policy in place. We strive to work with our clients to develop their travel policy and to ensure accurate implementation within their organisation.
Offering to help you cut costs is just one of our many services.
If you have any questions about how we can help with your travel policy or would like some help with reviewing your travel spend, please feel free to contact us.