Lufthansa has completed the retrofit of 103 of the 107 long-haul aircraft that will offer the premium economy product. The remaining four will be finished by the end of this year making Lufthansa the first airline worldwide to equip, from the out-set, its entire long-haul fleet with Premium Economy seating. This will allow the airline to offer a total of 3,600 premium economy seats (between 21 and 52 on each aircraft, depending on the aircraft type and configuration).
The results of the recent World Airline Awards named Lufthansa as the best European based carrier for Premium Economy.
Benefits of booking into the Lufthansa Premium Economy cabin include:
- On board greeting with a welcome drink
- A new seat which offers the best recline in the industry at 130°
- In-flight meals served on china tableware
- A 11- or 12-inch monitor for in-flight entertainment
- An amenity kit with useful travel accessories